Open Call for Web Development
The European Students’ Union (ESU) and the Global Students Forum (GSF) are looking for a web developer to build the future website of GSF
The Global Students Forum (GSF) is a voluntary consortium of democratic and independent student organisations that has emerged over 2019-2020. The consortium comprises major regional federations, including the All-Africa Students Union (AASU), Commonwealth Students’ Association (CSA), European Students Union (ESU) and Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions (OBESSU), and La Organización Continental Latinoamericana y Caribeña de Estudiantes (OCLAE) which together cover 183 student unions in 118 countries; as well as other national unions, organisations and movements from countries including the United States, Canada, Chile and South Africa. In Phase 1, between 2020 and 2023, GSF will be hosted by Education International, the global federation of teacher unions, and have headquarters in Brussels with regional offices in San José, and either Accra or Kuala Lumpur. A Memorandum of Understanding guarantees the autonomy of GSF from its host. GSF is the first-ever genuinely independent and democratic global platform for cooperation between student unions, organisations and movements and represents a major addition to the civil society landscape in the education sector.
We are looking for Web Developers to perform the following tasks:
- Designing the structure/layout of the website according to the visual identity of the project;
- Purchase the annual hosting (service);
- Connect website to a server and domain;
- SEO Writing, editing, uploading and updating content;
- Creation of web elements such as homepage banner, buttons, etc. in the GSF style;
- Offer desirable, accessible, usable and findable user experiences and visual interfaces.
- The website should have a responsive design on all devices and be easily editable afterwards (intuitive back office);
- Determining technical requirements and solving code problems.
What we are looking for:
- To design youth and trend-oriented website, targeted to our audience, with a high level of personality;
- Design an eye-catching and contemporary website;
- Design a fluid website, both in terms of design and speed, with layers and floating elements, taking into account current web design trends;
- To security on top of the website (e.g., with regular software updates, WAF and SSL certificate).
Terms and Conditions:
- Estimated budget: between 6,500-8,000 EUR.
- The budget would include the creation of the website, the cost of the server and 1-year support.
- Starting month: September
- Deadline for the creation of the website: end of September
Submit your proposal:
If you are interested in this collaboration, share with us your budget proposal (with the specs) and portfolio at email@example.com — including in the subject line the name of the call and your organisation by 25 August 2020 at 12:00 (CEST).
We look forward to working with you!
Download the PDF of the call on this link.