Open Call for Graphic Designer
The European Students’ Union (ESU) and the Bologna with Stakeholders Eyes For a Stronger Future of the Bologna Process project (BSWE FORward) are looking for a graphic designer.
The European Students’ Union (ESU) represents 20 million students through its 45 national unions of students in 40 European countries. Since 1982, we represent and promote students’ educational, social, economic and cultural interests at a European level towards all relevant bodies (European Union, BFUG, Council of Europe, and UNESCO) in the Higher Education sector.
BWSE FOR2030’s overall goal is to update the latest version of Bologna with Student’s Eyes publication (2020), analysing the new scenario, requirements for education and training and implementing it from the students’ perspective in cooperation with stakeholders. The project intends to analyse together with stakeholders the developments in the Bologna Process through student perspective, to determine good practices for the implementation of Bologna commitments at all policy levels and to provide policy recommendations on the future course of Bologna, considering the different degrees of implementation as evidenced by the upcoming BWSE publication.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer in order to perform the following tasks:
Designing the Bologna with Stakeholders Eyes publication, both digital and print version. This publication is an update of the latest version of Bologna with Students’ Eyes publication (2020), analysing the new scenario, requirements for education and training and implementing it from the students’ perspective in cooperation with stakeholders.
We plan to print a minimum of 300 hard copies.
What are we looking for?
- To design trend-oriented publication, targeted to our audience (political policy makers on national and european level as well as researchers in HE sector), with a high level of personality.
- Design an eye-catching, user-friendly and contemporary publication.
- To create two versions of the publication, both digital and print.
- To design and include branded illustrations, graphics, maps and all sorts of data visualisations (eg. Graphics).
- Must be proficient in English and capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient in designing accessible / barrier free digital publications.
Points of reference what regards the data to be visualised:
- BWSE 2020: https://www.esu-online.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/BWSE2020-Publication_WEB2.pdf
- BWSE 2018: https://www.ehea.info/media.ehea.info/file/2018_Paris/06/0/BWSE-2018_web_lowres_952060.pdf
- “Traffic light system”: https://eurydice.eacea.ec.europa.eu/publications/towards-equity-and-inclusion-higher-education-europe
Terms and Conditions
- Budget: 3,500 EUR
- Timeline: Your work on the publication will start at the beginning of September 2023 (Remotely).The final deliverables need to be ready at the beginning of December 2023.
- An independent collaboration agreement will be signed between the graphic designer and ESU.
Submit your proposal
If you are interested in this collaboration, share with us a CV and/or portfolio and previous design work you have done at firstname.lastname@example.org — including in the subject line the name of the call and your name and surname by 21 August 2023 at 12:00 (CEST).