International Student Week 2020 in Timișoara, Romania
The International Student Week in Timișoara (ISWinT) is an international festival dedicated to students from all over the world. The concept was created in 1994 and it started from the daring ideas of enthusiastic students who believed in unity, multiculturality and friendship.
The workshops cover a lot of interest areas, varying from problems, faced by students worldwide to popular hobbies among youth:
- Human Rights & Obligations
- Human Exploitation
- Migrations and Minorities
- Disabilities: Awareness
- Gender Equality
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Quality Education: Rural Empowerment
- These workshops, as the festival itself, have an educational purpose.
- Participants learn to use their knowledge, talents and learned skills to sustain themselves and help others while pushing the human race forward in areas of equality, equity and harmony.
- The festival focuses on multiculturality and exchanging traditions and ideas, its participants interacting with students from all over the world.
- After applying, the students pass through a selection process and, if accepted, they come to Timișoara to develop themselves, get to know new people, learn something new and make the first step to changing the world.
- The festival is dedicated to all students aged 18 to 30, who are enrolled in a university anywhere in the world.
- Also, the public events that are part of the festival are dedicated not only to the international students but also to people from Timișoara.
More information here.