Vacancy: Financial Officer
The European Students’ Union is currently looking for a full-time Financial Officer to join our busy office in Brussels. The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic, committed and dynamic team that is open to fresh thinking and good ideas.
Main Functions: Finance administration
Starting date: January 2019. Ideally, the chosen candidate will be available for a handover in December 2018
Salary: Between 2.300 EUR to 2.500 EUR gross. Exact remuneration depends on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
● Timely and accurate booking of financial transactions
● Participation in project accounting process, including project budgeting and financial reporting
● Participation in organisational financial reporting and management of accounting
● Maintenance and development of internal procedures
● Liaison with external stakeholders (e.g. external accountants, HR and payroll companies in Belgium)
● Assistance with planning and budgeting processes
Knowledge, experience and skills:
● University degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies or a related field
● 2 years + of relevant practical experience in financial and business administration or related
● Excellent knowledge of English and French (written and spoken) is a requirement; Dutch and other languages are an asset
● Part or full qualification with an established accounting body an asset
● Familiar with accounting software, such as Exact online
● Knowledge of project accounting
● Knowledge of Financial Issues in EU Projects
● Strong organisational skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
● Ability to work under pressure, manage to cope with deadlines and maintain a professional approach
●Team-player, practical approach to problem-solving and ability to work in a small team in a multicultural working environment
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV and cover letter (no longer than 2 pages).
Please send your application to Robert Napier on email@example.com by 23.59 CET on Sunday 4th November 2018.
You can download the call here.