Together, Moving Forward Capacity Building Event
Where? Hostel Jacques Frank, Brussels, Belgium
When? 12th FEB (afternoon) to 14th FEB (until lunch)
Who? 36 motivated participants from NUSes or their partners
Why? Learn more about the TMF programme, share ideas, network
In mid November ESU launched Together, Moving Forward, a call for projects at local, national and international level. Our aim is to mobilise students across Europe to achieve positive host-refugee relations and better integration in our societies. Exactly a month after the first deadline (date to remember: 11th January!), ESU will offer its members a capacity building event.
The event is open both to participants who have already applied for a grant and to those that would like to get involved and would like some support to do so. We also strongly encourage participants with a refugee background to apply!
It will take place in Brussels, Belgium, from Sunday 12th (late afternoon) to Tuesday 14th (departures after lunch). Travel reimbursement of up to 300€ including local transports, as well as accommodation in rooms of 3 or 4 people and meals during the event are fully covered by ESU.
We are looking for 36 motivated people representing the ESU member unions and/or the partnerships (local unions that are members of National Unions of Students) that have applied or will apply for a Together, Moving Forward grant
Building on the experience gathered so far, we offer NUSes an occasion to work on their capacity for taking actions regarding refugee-host interactions. Specifically, we will work on submitting meaningful project applications and on getting ready to implement them successfully.
The event is a safe space for participants to:
- Create a network to support each other and share information for the next phases of the programme
- Share ideas and concerns with other people working on the same area or topic
- Reflect on key concepts useful for the application and project design: e.g. refugee status /// forced migration /// social inclusion /// integration /// needs assessment /// community engagement /// access to education and recognition of prior learning
- Get tips for the writing of the application or the implementation process
- Reflect on project management with the aim of improving the design of projects in the applications and/or to get prepared for the implementation phase
- Meet people involved in Brussels citizens initiatives supporting refugees and asylum-seekers
The final programme – which will include some separate sessions for those participants whose projects have already been approved – is currently being put together and will be posted on our website.
How to apply
So, are you motivated, eager to work hard during two exciting days, and ready to travel to Brussels?
>> Fill in this online form. It’s as easy as that! <<
Deadline for applications is also on the 11th JANUARY 2017, 23.59 Brussels time. We’ll select participants based on their motivation and keeping in mind a geographical and gender balance. Please wait to book your flights until we approve your application!