HÖOK: new year and new mandate
László Murai started his mandate in January as the new president of the National Union of Students in Hungary (HÖOK).
In his debut speech, the new president has expressed HÖOK’s commitment to continuing the fight for the reform of student allowances: “based on the agreement between HÖOK and the Ministry of Human Capacities, after raising the social grants by 40% the performance-based students’ grants should follow” said László.
In addition, Edina Kiss -former head of HÖOK’s mentoring programme- stated that almost 10.000students in need had been mentored during the last 10 years thanks to the nationwide initiative, ensuring that disadvantaged students received the support they need to carry out and enjoy their university life.
You can see a list of HÖOK’s new elected representatives below:
– Gergő Németh, public relations vice president
– András Jancsó, research and science development
– Bálint Hassman, students’ prosperity
– Viktor Kiss, sport
– Dávid Kosztrihán, foreign affairs
– Eszter Csilla Kovács, communication
– László Kósa, event manager
– Zoltán Pekár, organisation development