Breakfast Roundtable Consultation: Certificate in Social Responsibility Auditing
On 12 June 2019, the European Students’ Union (ESU), together with Higher Education partners from all across Europe participating in ESSA project (‘European Students Sustainability Auditing’), are organising a roundtable consultation event in Brussels in the format of a breakfast.
The consortium of this 3-year Erasmus+ project is formed by ESU, the National Union of Students in the UK (NUS-UK), Kaunas University of Technology (KTU), KTU Students’ Union, University of Porto, University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh University Students’ Association.
The event will bring together representatives from the higher education sector, as well as representatives from student associations, civil society and the public and private sectors, offering the opportunity to hear about the achievements of the project and resources developed within, as well as take part in policy-relevant debates relating to the development of student-led real-world learning approaches and social responsibility within the European Higher Education Area.
During the roundtable, participants will be offered:
- First-hand accounts of student experience of the project including from the participation in a social responsibility audit of a university in another country
- Employer perspectives on the value of the Certificate in terms of graduate recruitment
- Academic and support staff perspectives on participation in the project
- An overview of the Open Education Resources developed to support the Certificate in Social Responsibility Auditing, that we aimed to see rolled out across the EHEA
- Discussion of the prospects for this roll-out and strategies to achieve this
You can read more information about the ESSA project here.
Attendance at this event is by invitation only and free of charge to the first 25 registering. In addition, we can contribute to travel and related expenditure incurred by that number, thanks to the funding support received from ERASMUS+.
If we receive more applications than there is conference capacity we will limit participation. Please, note that the deadline for registration is 25/05/2019.
Are you interested in attending the event but didn’t receive an invitation? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com explaining your motivation to attend the event and your background (organisation, professional experience, knowledge about Social Responsibility and Universities…) and we will get back to you!
Date: 12 June 2019
Schedule: 09.15 – 13.00
Location: European Economic and Social Committee, Trèves Building, 1040 Brussels.