2020 – New Call for Projects’ Applications!
‘Together, Moving Forward’ is a small grants programme run by ESU aiming at building positive refugee-host interactions across Europe.
Since 2016, we have supported more than 40 valuable projects, shared views with resourceful activists and creative change-makers. However, we are also still confronted with little or uneven progress made by European governments and education systems, and perhaps an even more polarized public discourse regarding refugees, people in exile or seeking asylum or migrants.
We want to continue our efforts to encourage and promote valuable and viable options for refugees and asylum seekers to access and benefit from education and be part in our communities.
We are inviting and supporting university students and students in exile and to work together and get the system “unstuck”.
Time to combine your creativity to kick-start actions in Europe that tackle the main barriers limiting the access and inclusion of refugees and asylum seekers in education and society!
With this programme, we want to inspire change and:
- Reshape public discourse around forced migration and confront hate speech in our societies;
- Inspire student-led initiatives addressing refugees’ and asylum seekers’ living conditions and not least their access to education;
- Build capacity for student representatives to be more responsive to issues related to forced migration, focusing on social inclusion and access to education;
- Empower National Student Unions to promote and advocate for clear policies that ease the access of refugees and asylum seekers to Higher Education;
- Open up to new student groups and other stakeholders active on refugee issues, especially education;
- Build long-lasting links between refugees, their communities, and student communities.
How to apply
Get your idea funded up to 10.000 EUR (12,000 EUR for international projects).
To get you started:
The deadline for applications (Stage 1) is the 16 FEBRUARY 2020 (23:59 Brussels time).
Need more help from ESU?
Contact Fanchon, our programme coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions. If you prefer the phone, call +33 675 86 87 00 during working hours.
Discuss it with one of the former grantees (find contacts on website).
Need some inspiration? You can check the projects page while you are preparing your own application.