OPEN CALL: Local Youth Campaigns for the European Elections
This call is a unique opportunity for 16 to 30 year olds to interact, inspire each other, improve young people’s organizational, social media, and communication skills, and exchange their views on the European Elections. We wish to provide the opportunity to young people to create spaces of dialogue and empowerment in their local realities.
For this reason, we open this call for young people to gain a grant of 400 EUR to create your own European Election Campaign at your local level.
We will provide the freedom of selecting the format of their local initiative, as long as it effectively addresses the need it sets to face. The activities/campaigns can have various formats, such as workshops, festivals, awareness campaigns, exhibitions, training, activist actions, public debates, support groups, etc.
The overarching theme behind all activities will be the upcoming European Parliament Elections of 2024 and will include all aspects of awareness raising on the importance of youth participation in the elections.
How to participate?
Submit your local action proposal to the European Students’ Union (to Nuria PORTERO: firstname.lastname@example.org). Internally, we will select the best 4 project proposals based on transparency and European laws.
*To participate, we encourage you to become active citizens by joining the together.eu community.
The activity should be concluded until Friday the 15th December 2023 the latest.
The criteria based on which the ESU Team will assess and select the activities that will receive the mini-grant are the following:
- Relevance: The activity should align with the EYE’s goals and values, as well as ESU’s values and be based on the topic of elections.
- Impact: The activity should have a measurable impact on the target group, such as enhancing their awareness, skills, knowledge, or participation in election related topics.
- Sustainability: A sustainable impact beyond the campaign period, such as creating a long-term community or organisational change will be an asset.
- Inclusivity: The activity should be inclusive, ensuring that all youth have equal opportunities to participate, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, religion, or other characteristics.
- Feasibility: the activity should be feasible to implement within the allocated budget and timeframe, with clear objectives, activities and outcomes.
Deadline for submission
Submit your proposal until Friday 6th of October 2023, 14:00 CET.