France – FAGE – National Federation of Students’ Associations
Address: 79 rue Périer - 92120 MONTROUGE, France
Phone: +33 1 40 33 70 70
Created in 1989 and recognised as the first representative students organisation, FAGE, the National Federation of Student’s Associations gathers 2000 students’ associations through around 35 local unions and 24 national sectorial unions. With the help of its members, FAGE campaigns every day to improve the living and studying conditions of all French students. FAGE’s project is also the will to improve the social links of students by making it possible to invest at all levels in the representation of their peers and projects of cohesion, prevention, activism and the fight against all forms of discrimination.
FAGE is a member of CNESER (National Council of Higher Education and Research), CNOUS (National Council for Social Support), CNAJEP (National Youth Council), CESE (economic, social and environmental council), CNDSI (national council for international development and solidarity)
Aims and missions
FAGE is a representative, humanist and militant national organisation, basing its functioning on participatory democracy. It is governed by students.
Committed to the objective of building a social democracy, the FAGE is a student organisation that brings together young people in mutual respect of their personal, philosophical, moral or religious convictions. It defends pluralism, respecting humanist, republican and European values.
Its action, aimed at the general interest and the construction of a democratic society, has the following goals to:
- Defend and improve the material and moral rights and interests, both collective and individual, of students and to defend and improve the material and moral rights and interests, both collective and individual, of students and, more generally, of young people, and to express their position(s) on all matters concerning them;
- To promote solidarity, initiative and citizenship, in particular by creating innovative projects that meet the daily social and intellectual needs of students and young people in general;
- To ensure and promote equal rights, to fight against all forms of discrimination and to work for access to common law for students and young people in general;
- To be a player in the social and solidarity economy, for which it intends to ensure the expression and promotion of values. As such, it develops and manages services or works of general interest and social utility social utility ;
- To contribute to the training of volunteers and activists (elected representatives, voluntary organisations, etc.) with the help of its active members, by promoting the skills of the volunteers;
- To contribute to the training of volunteers and activists (elected representatives, voluntary workers, etc.) with the help of its active members by promoting the informal and non-formal skills acquired;
- To encourage the assumption of responsibility by students and more generally by young people by ensuring a popular education approach as defined by its educational project;
- To participate actively in the work of various associations, bodies and general organisations, regional, national or international.
Membership of the FAGE implies respect for these values and the pursuit of these goals.