Together, Moving Forward Capacity Building Event
Where? Mundo J – Brussels, Belgium
When? 7 February – 10 February 2019
Who? 15 European young participants
Why? To discover more about the Together, Moving Forward programme, to develop knowledge on how to design inclusive projects, networking, etc.
In January 2019, the European Students’ Union (ESU) will launch the last call for projects for Together, Moving Forward programme. Since 2017, ESU has supported more than 25 projects, at local and national levels, led by students across Europe with the aim to achieve positive host-refugee relations and better integration in our societies.
Based on the experience acquired during the previous and current editions of the programme, we will organise a capacity building event where we will work on submitting meaningful project applications and on getting ready to implement them.
The event will target first participants who would like to apply to the Programme and would like some support to do so, but also those who already applied and would like to improve their project idea and concept. We strongly encourage participants with a refugee background to apply!
The training will take place in Brussels from the 7 (starting at dinner time) to 10 February (until 3 pm).
We are looking for 15 motivated people that plan to (re) apply for a Together, Moving Forward grant.
The event is a safe space for participants to:
- Create a network to support each other and share information and experience
- Share ideas and concerns with other people working on the same area or topic
- Reflect on key concepts useful for the application and project design: e.g. social inclusion /// integration /// assessment of needs /// community engagement /// access to education and recognition of prior learning /// project management
- Get tips for the writing of the application and budget or the implementation process
- Reflect on project management with the aim of improving the design of projects in the applications and/or to get prepared for the implementation phase
- Meet people involved in citizens’ initiatives supporting refugees and asylum-seekers in Brussels
For those who will be selected:
- Travel will be reimbursed up to 450€ including local transports at the end of the training
- Accommodation to share with another person of the group and the meals will be fully covered by ESU during the event
How to apply
So, are you motivated, eager to work hard during two and half exciting days, and ready to travel to Brussels?
>> Fill in this online form. It’s as easy as that! <<
Deadline for applications is on 16 JANUARY 2019, 23.59 Brussels time. We will select participants based on their motivation and keeping in mind a geographical and gender balance. Please wait to book your flights until we approve your application!