ESU is looking for a new Project Assistant
ESU is looking for a team player to fill the position of Project Assistant (PA) at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The PA assists in the planning and implementation of duties related to coordinating, organising, reporting and implementing ESU projects and events. The main objective of the Project Assistant position is to help the current Project Officer at ESU to manage projects and follow administrative and financial regulations. The duties require analytical, evaluative and interpretive skills.
The PA will:
• Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
• Handle the logistics of the projects;
• Monitor the achievement of project activities;
• Gather and input data into databases;
• Submit monthly budgets for projects and programmes in an efficient manner, and also submitting expense reports;
• Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
• Monitor calls made by a number of potential donor institutions;
• Contribute to preparation of projects for respective calls.
• A degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration;
• Knowledge and/or experience of the EU’s Lifelong learning programme (LLP) or any comparable programme;
• Experience in event management;
• A native/ near-native command of English (spoken and written). Additional knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable, particularly French or Dutch;
• Good communication skills – written and verbal;
• Good ICT skills (MS Office, cloud storage systems, etc.);
• Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines;
• Coordination and team communication skills;
• Ability to work individually and in a team.
ESU values values initiative and strive for self-development and would be very interested to welcome in its team a person with such attributes, interested in student and higher education issues and with a positive, but responsible, attitude towards her/his work responsibilities and colleagues!
The Project Assistant will be a well-organised and hard-working team player, able to work flexibly in a multicultural environment and with tight deadlines, willing to travel occasionally to cover major events of the organisation.
As an organisation that strongly promotes equality, we require all elected representatives and staff at ESU to follow the ESU Ethical Guidelines, Code of Conduct and the Gender mainstreaming strategy.
Terms of contract:
• indeterminate part-time employment contact with a six months trial period;
• based in Brussels, occasional travel;
• Gross salary: 1200 EUR/month for 19 hours per week. Additionally, ESU offers food vouchers in the amount of 120 EUR/month.
Ideal starting date: 30 January 2014
For more details of the terms of contract, please contact the ESU’s Vice-Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 (0) 473 66 98 92.
How to apply:
Please send a CV, a motivation letter and, if available, any letters of recommendation and/or work portfolio by e-mail to email@example.com in English by 23:59 CET on January 23, 2014.
It is expected that the motivation letter would clarify why you are applying for the job, what kind of special skills and benefits you would bring to the organisation and how your past experiences and/or education would support your work as PA. Received applications will be evaluated against a predefined scorecard. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Skype and/or in person. If necessary, final applicants will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview in Brussels.