Call for Head of Secretariat
ESU is looking for a team player to fill the position of the Head of Secretariat at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The Head of Secretariat will be responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and administrative tasks in order to meet internal and legal requirements.
- Managing office finances and ensure timely and accurate finance
- Financial supervision, monitoring and reporting with the Presidency
- Supporting of the accountant with bookkeeping and financial reporting;
- Developing sound office procedures and practices together with the other ESU officers and systems for measuring them;
- Maintaining employee records, preparing and submitting payroll information to the social secretariat and ensuring accurate payment of benefits and allowances in accordance with national legislation;
- Coordinating financial relations with member organisations;
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including rental agreements, insurance contracts, tax declaration and submissions to the national bank etc, external audit etc;
- Coordinate HR procedures, requirements and needs
- Managing relations with our bank.
- 3 to 4 years work experiences with similar organisations
- A degree or comparable experience in a related field of management and social sciences
- Knowledge of financial management
- Knowledge in human resource management and payroll
- Proficient in English (the working language of ESU) and the ability to work in French or Dutch (contact with Belgian public administration and other external stakeholders)
- Excellent ICT skills (Word, Excel, Google applications and tele-banking).
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, respect deadlines and work with others in a multicultural environment
- Willing to travel occasionally and required attendance for 2 statutory meetings a year in locations in European Countries
Terms of contract
- Open term contract; 30 hours / week
- Based in Brussels; occasional travel
- Gross salary between 2,000 – 2,400EUR depending on experience
- Health insurance covered for Hospitalia+
- Transport covered according to joint committee rules
- Food vouchers offered
Ideal starting date: in September 2016, available earlier if possible
For more details of the terms of contract, please contact the present ESU Presidency at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Please send a CV, a motivation letter and, if available, any letters of recommendation, references and/or work portfolio by e-mail to email@example.com in English by 23:59 CET on 10 July 2016.
The application code to use for the email subject is: ESU_Head of Secretariat – Application. Only candidates using the correct email subject will be considered.
It is expected that the motivation letter would clarify why you are applying for the job, what kind of special skills and benefits you would bring to the organisation and how your past experiences and/or education would support your work. Received applications will be evaluated against a predefined scorecard. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by Skype and/or in person in the next two weeks following the deadline. If necessary, final applicants will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview in Brussels.