Call for Communications Intern
The European Students’ Union is looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Communications Intern at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
About the European Students’ Union (ESU)
ESU is the umbrella organisation of 45 national unions of students from 38 countries, and through these members represents over 15 million students. The aim of ESU is to represent and promote the educational, social, economic and cultural interests of students at a European level towards all relevant bodies and in particular the European Union, Bologna Follow-Up Group, Council of Europe and UNESCO.
ESU actively promotes students’ rights and equal opportunities for all individuals in higher education. More information is available on esu-online.org.
Responsibilities and areas of work
The trainee with assist with external and internal communication to:
- Promote ESU events, projects, publications, campaigns and statements to other stakeholders and wider public
- Compile information for ESU’s website and newsletter
- Assist the Communication Manager with the implementation of ESU’s Communication Strategy
- Promote ESU’s activities through its social media channels
- Update media lists
- Ensure an effective implementation of ESU visual identity
- Manage the contact database and mailing lists
- Screening external queries and requests
- Co-operate with other ESU staff or elected representatives on ESU events’ organising
- Assist the Communications Manager in ESU promotional and fundraising activities
- Develop the administration and intranet of the organization
- Share daily secretariat tasks with other secretariat members
Profile of the candidate
A team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to attend the major events of the organisation.
- A degree or comparable experience within the areas of Public Relations, Project management, communication, design and/or marketing.
- Knowledge and/or experience in promotional activities
- A very good command of the English language (spoken and written). Additional knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable
- Very good computer skills and web literacy
- Social media savvy The following knowledge and/or skills will be taken as advantage:
- Knowledge of the European institutions and other target audiences related to higher education
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Layouting and design skills.
Terms and conditions
Internship for a duration of 6 to 12 months
The successful applicant should start ideally at the beginning of September
Must have andor apply for Erasmus+ Placement or any other Internship Agreement / scholarship as for example Eurodyssee
Transport costs in Brussels are covered
For more details of the terms of contract, including salary conditions, please contact the ESU’s Head of Secretariat and Communication Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Please send a CV, a motivation letter and, if available, any letters of recommendation and/or work portfolio by e-mail to email@example.com by 23:59 8th of July, 2016.
The application code to use for the email subject is: ESU_Communication Intern – Application. Only candidates using the correct email subject will be considered.
It is expected that the motivation letter would clarify why you are applying for the internship, what kind of special skills and benefits you would bring to the organisation and how your past experiences and/or education would support your work as Communications Intern.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by phone andor skype two weeks after the closing date of the call.