7th ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC7)
ARC7: Higher Education Taking Action towards the Sustainable Development Goals: Perspectives from Asia and Europe
The ASEF Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC) is the only bi-regional multi-stakeholder dialogue platform for university and student leaders, policy makers, and business representatives to discuss higher education challenges of mutual concern in Asia and Europe. ARC is recognised as the Official Dialogue Partner of the ASEM Education Ministers Meeting (ASEM ME). Its results, including policy recommendations and research, feed into the preparation of ASEM MEs, which ARC rectors and student representatives are invited to attend. Moreover, ARC is contributing to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, and it is one of the initial commitments to the Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
ARC takes place on a biennial basis alternating between Asia and Europe. It addresses 3 areas in higher education:
1) quality and inclusive education
2) university governance
3) university-business partnerships
Over 296 universities from 51 Asian and European countries have been represented at the ARC conferences since 2008.
Mission of #ARC7
• Build awareness on the importance of higher education acting on sustainability;
• Explain the context in Asia and Europe and identify issues of joint concern;
• Provide an intellectual space for exchange and peer learning;
• Show concrete good practices from Asia and Europe to inspire each other;
• Create policy recommendations to the ASEM Education Ministers on how to take action towards the sustainable development goals.
- Citizens of any of the 51 ASEM partner countries between the ages 18 and 30;
- University students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral);
- Members and leaders of student associations engaged in academic affairs, student life or sustainability matters;
- Individuals with a strong command of English (verbal and written).
When? 11-14 May 2019
Where? Bucharest, Romania
Costs? There is no participation fee. The organisers will cover accommodation and meals for the duration of the conference as indicated in the programme, plus a travel subsidy from your country of residence to the starting point and back.
Want to know more?