We are looking for a Project Manager
The European Students’ Union is looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Project Manager at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The Project Manager will be in charge of a project tackling inclusion of refugees in Europe which includes a re-granting scheme for our member organisations.
Responsibilities and areas of work
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the project plan, including a re-granting scheme;
- Handle the logistics and all procedures of the projects;
- Managing and supervising the project budget and financial reporting;
- Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
- Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
- Contribute to the dissemination efforts, for example by identifying relevant practices and drafting web articles;
- Regular reporting and communication with the donor institution(s).
Profile of the candidate
A team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment, with sensibility about inclusion of refugees and asylum seekers. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to some events related to the project.
- A degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration;
- Knowledge and/or experience of the funding programmes from different donors, such as EU’s Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020 or private foundations;
- Experience in event management;
- A native/ near-native command of English (spoken and written);
- Good communication skills – written and verbal;
- Good ICT skills (MS Office, MS project, Google Drive, etc.);
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines;
- Coordination and team communication skills;
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
The following knowledge and/or skills will be taken as advantage
- Knowledge of the European institutions and other target audiences related to higher education;
- Knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable, particularly French;
- Experience and/or knowledge in working with refugees, asylum seekers or persons in a refugee-like situation;
Terms and conditions
- Fixed term full time contract for 18 months with extension possibility
- The successful applicant should start ideally as soon as possible
- 2400 EUR gross salary + benefits
- For more details of the terms of contract, including salary conditions, please contact the ESU’s Vice President Blazhe Todorovski and Head of Secretariat at email@example.com.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a motivation letter highlighting projects’ experience. If available candidates are invited to attach any letters of recommendation, references and/or work portfolio by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 2nd of September, 2016.
The application code to use for the email subject is: ESU_ProjectManager_2016 – Application. Only candidates using the correct email subject will be considered. We will review the applications on a rolling basis.
It is expected that the motivation letter would clarify why you are applying for the position, what kind of special skills and benefits you would bring to the organisation and how your past experiences and/or education would support your work as Project Manager.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by phone andor skype. Due to the high amount of applications we usually receive, we won’t be able to contact and provide feedback to non-selected applicants.