The European Students’ Union is hiring a new Head of Secretariat
The European Students’ Union is looking for an experienced and committed individual to be our next Head of Secretariat.
Starting date: 4th October 2021.
Duration: One-year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of an indefinite contract. Employment contract under Belgian employment law with a benefits package.
Salary: 3500eur to 4000eur gross salary per month depending on experience, plus legal benefits (transport, meal vouchers, telephone, etc.)
The Head of Secretariat (HoS) will manage the ESU Secretariat in Brussels monitoring its work and ensuring that duties and responsibilities are being fulfilled. Also, HoS will be responsible for maintaining financial matters, accounting and administration in order to meet internal and legal requirements.
The Head of Secretariat will respect the political guidance of the Executive Committee and will work under the guidance of the Presidency members.
The Head of Secretariat will be responsible for:
- Supervising and coordinating the work of the Secretariat;
- Be responsible for the daily functioning of the office of the European Students’ Union together with the Presidency and under the guidance of the Executive Committee;
- Overseeing projects, project applications and project planning and implementation in particular national funding, European funding and operating funding;
- Other related tasks to support the Executive Committee.
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements,
- Maintaining employee records, preparing and submitting payroll information to the social secretariat and ensuring accurate payment of benefits and allowances in accordance with national legislation;
- Administer the finances of ESU as mandated by the Executive Committee under the coordination of the Presidency.
- Coordinating financial relations with member organisations;
- Managing relations with the bank;
- Supporting the Executive Assistant and the Presidency member in charge of finances with office finances, financial reports, budget monitoring and reporting as well as tax declarations.
- Managing relations with Belgian Administration and external auditors.
Experience and Additional Requirements:
- University degree or equivalent in the field administration, management, law, international relations, economics, or social sciences;
- 5 – 8 years of relevant professional experience working with and/or leading private or public entities;
- Previous work experience managing financial and legal matters;
- understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions and stakeholder engagement with the EU’s political priorities;
- understanding of EU Programmes, especially related to higher education, sustainability, equality, digital, green and just transformation.
- very good organisational, leadership and communication skills especially within a multicultural environment;
- full proficiency in English, spoken and written;
- good command of French.
- good ICT skills (MS Office, MS Project, Google Drive, etc.);
- a valid work permit of one of the EU countries.
As a democratic lead organisation, to maintain political neutrality all applicants can not have held a tie and/or a position within ESU political structures.
ESU is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
If you are interested, please send your CV, motivation letter and 2 references to:
Deadline for applications: Wed 22nd September 2021 23:59pm