CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS: Study Session “LEVEL UP TO EUR-UP”
Study session on engagement with European political processes for young people experiencing barriers to participation in the European level
Are you passionate about democratic citizenship and human rights and wish to learn more about this in a series of workshops and training activities? We’re looking to bring together a diverse, intercultural group of young people to join us to “LEVEL UP TO EUR-UP”, a Study Session that aims to welcome anyone and everyone who wishes to become engaged with European political processes – high levels of knowledge on the topics and of English are NOT required, our training workshops will be conscious of the diverse abilities of our participants!
The Study Session is being organised by the European Students Union (ESU) in co-operation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe for young people experiencing barriers to participation in the European level.
Are you motivated, eager to learn and ready to travel to Budapest? Apply now!
What is the ‘Study Session “LEVEL UP TO EUR-UP” about?
Study sessions are international youth events lasting between 4 and 8 days which bring together young people, members of youth organisations and experts for discussions, training activities and workshops on a specific subject.
To encourage participants who have never before participated in international or European events but who wish to be more aware of their rights as active citizens of Europe!
The specific goals of the workshops and activities are:
- To inform you of the roles and functions of key European institutions and European-level documents and how these apply to young people exercising their rights around Europe.
- To provide you with a space to discuss your own thoughts on European citizenship and access to rights for young people and to develop ideas on spreading awareness of this knowledge within your communities.
- To encourage an inclusive environment between participants from various backgrounds to build bridges between youth activists around Europe.
25-30 participants will be selected on the basis of the received application forms.
Profile of the participants:
- 18-30 years old.
- Basic knowledge of English. We will prioritise applications which demonstrate basic proficiency, not fluency in English.
- Want to be actively involved in workshops and activities for the full duration of the session.
- We will prioritise applicants who have never attended an international youth event on the European level before
- Must be open to participating in a group of culturally and gender diverse individuals that may have various backgrounds (refugees/Roma/LGBT+/youths with disabilities)
Apply for this project if you:
You can find the online application form here.
For more information about the content of the study session please check the invitation document you can find here.
The application must be done in English, but do not worry, you don’t need to have a super level!
Enrolment Fee and practical information:
All expenses (travel, food, accommodation and visa costs) will be reimbursed by the Council of Europe at the end of the session. All persons attending the study session must complete a travel reimbursement form even when there are no travel expenses: only an enrolment fee of € 50 per participant will be deducted from the total refund of travel expenses to cover the programme costs of the Youth Department of the Council of Europe.
Participants need to be present for the whole duration of the study session in order to be reimbursed.
Visa costs will be reimbursed by the Council of Europe.
Upon the request of participants, special assistance will be provided, ensuring accessibility of the study session. Please indicate any special assistance needed in your application form.
Deadline for applying:
Candidates should complete the online application and submit it no later than the 6th of December 2019.
If you have any additional questions and/or support please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org