Uniting Europe through digital empowerment (UniteIT)
Uniting Europe through digital empowerment –UniteIT- is a 36 months network project, co-financed in 2012 by the EU Life Long Learning Programme (Grundtvig programme – Multilateral Projects) and aimed at raising awareness and foster sharing and joint actions to overcome the digital divide.
The project aims at sharing knowledge, exchange of practices, set up debates in key topics and develop new strategic partnership involving actors across societal domains to contribute to overcome the digital divide and promote the acquisition of digital competences by groups-at-risk of exclusion.
The UniteIT network will involve relevant actors across all societal domains (business, societal organisations, education and training stakeholders; user organisations, etc.) to identify the enabling conditions, success factors, barriers to digital competence provision and acquisition by groups-at-risk of exclusion, and foresee further steps to be undertaken to reach the aim.
The partners to UniteIT are the following:
- Telecentre Europe (leading partner)
- Telecentar from Croatia
- Serbian International Aid Network – IAN,
- Foundation for Development of Democratic Rights – DemNet – from Hungary
- Latvian Information and Communications Technology Association – LIKTA,
- Educating for an Open Society Foundation EOS, from Romania
- Interface3 asbl (INT3) from Belgium
- Malta Communication Authority (MCA)
- European Students Union (ESU) a European Network of Students
For more information, please visit the project website.