Open Call for participants! ‘Shape of Resilience – Take a step forward – Training for becoming an Activist’’
ESU is proud to announce a call for participants of a series of activities within ‘Shape of Resilience – Take a step forward – Training for becoming an Activist ‘ supported by The Council of Europe
Are you passionate about social inclusion and civic engagement and wish to learn more about this in a series of workshops and training activities? We’re looking to bring together a diverse, intercultural group of young people to join us to ‘Shape of Resilience – Take a step forward – Training for becoming an Activist’, a series of workshops that aims to welcome anyone and everyone who wishes to increase its knowledge on youth participation and resilient recovery from Covid-19 and are willing to bring it back to their organisation – high levels of expertise on the topics are NOT required, our training workshops will be conscious of the diverse abilities of our participants!
The activities are being organised by the European Students Union (ESU) supported by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe and are dedicated to representatives or active students from national students unions or representatives of youth organisations with a focus on very different topics (inclusion, civic engagement, activism, etc..) and who are interested in becoming ‘trainers’.
If you are a student and want to learn more about social inclusion and civic engagement, have the chance to implement your project through a small grant, and have the interest of joining the ESU’s Pool of Trainers, have a look at our programme:
- When? The second activity, ‘Shape of Resilience – Take a step forward – Training for becoming an Activist!’, will take place in Vilnius in June 2022. Participants are expected to arrive on the 7th of June and depart on the 12th of June.
- Who? 25 participants from the 47 member states of the Council of Europe and parties to the European Cultural Convention (Belarus, Holy See, and Kazakhstan)
- Where? Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Theme? Social rights, youth participation, democratic citizenship, project management and design.
- Cost? Accommodation, food, programme and travel costs covered by ESU.
- Deadline? 15th May , 23:59h CET (Central European Time Zone).
Are you motivated, eager to learn and ready to travel to Vilnius? Apply now!
What is the ‘Training Course: ‘Shape of Resilience – Take a step forward – Training for becoming an Activist?
This training course is the second part of a larger educational cycle of three parts. The general aim of the second activity of the ‘Cycle of Resilience’ is: to provide the practical skills and support participants to build their own project or action according to their local communities needs.
The event will be a practical training aiming to build participants’ capacity, skills and competencies to work as multipliers on issues of participation, democracy and enabling access through fostering social inclusion of under-represented students.
Through this training, we expect participants to:
- gain skills in facilitation and intercultural competences for working with youth from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- gain knowledge and skills in the fields of project management, financial management
- learn about online tools, leadership, working in groups, time management and communication, non-formal learning
- be empowered to lead change through their work as multipliers at the local level
- develop more knowledge of existing tools and practices of participation in Europe and develop their skills in how to use these to advocate for full democratic participation and access to rights
- lead innovative solutions to post-covid 19 under-represented students challenges.
- have a project or initiative realized by receiving a small grant and guidance
Participants will be selected based on the received application forms, but priority is given to people who took part in the first activity of the cycle
Profile of the participants:
- 18-30 years old.
- A good level of English language knowledge.
- Want to be actively involved in workshops and activities for the entire duration of the session.
- With an experience of youth/student representation and civic participation.
- Participants should be willing to share what they have learned in their member organisation or communities following the study session.
- Interested in participating in the whole Cycle, or/and implementing an activity, or/and eager to be part of the ESU’s Pool of Trainers.
- Must be open to participating in a group of culturally and gender diverse individuals that may have various backgrounds (refugees/Roma/LGBT+/youths with disabilities).
The application must be made in English, and it will take you less than 10 minutes! But remember that there are now only 10 more spots available. With this form, you will apply to the first activity of the programme, but we will need to know whether you are interested in the entire program or just one activity.
100% of the expenses relevant to participation (program, international travel, accommodation, food and transportation within the city during the event) are covered by the host organization.. Participants must save all receipts for items they wish to have reimbursed. ESU will cover all expenses (travel, food, accommodation and visa costs) at the end of the session.
The speed of the money appearing in your account depends on the currencies, your bank, if all the receipts are present and the workload of ESU’s team, but we will prioritize fully completed reimbursement forms so you receive your money as soon as possible! 🙂
Participants need to be present for the whole duration of the study session to be reimbursed.
Please check all the entrance requirements related to the Covid-19 pandemic for Lithuania here COVID-19 safety measures | Vilnius Airport (vilnius-airport.lt)
Deadline for applying:
Candidates should complete the online application and submit it no later than the 15th of May! You can find the application form here.
If you require assistance in completing the form or need an alternative format, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications! 🙂
Participants will be selected based on their motivation and how well they meet the criteria of the ideal participant profile above. Successful applicants will be notified by email.