NUS UK National Conference elects officers for 2019/20
Zamzam Ibrahim has been elected as President of the National Union of Students at the National Conference 2019. She is currently the Vice-President of Society and Citizenship and will take up her role as NUS National President on 1 July.
Standing on a platform of transformation and reform, Zamzam pledged to ‘revitalise’ the student movement.
Over 750 students, elected officers and campaigners throughout higher and further education from across the UK spent the week in Glasgow to debate and decide on key policy issues affecting students.
“I am immensely proud and humbled to have been elected the National President of NUS UK. Education is a transformative experience for millions in the United Kingdom and it is now time to make sure everyone is able to access that promise.” NUS President-elect, Zamzam Ibrahim said.
NUS UK is run by a team of full time elected officers, representing the broad range of our membership. NUS National Conference elects the National President and four Vice Presidents – Further Education, Higher Education, Welfare, and Union Development.
These are the Election results:
- NUS National President – Zamzam Ibrahim
- NUS Vice-President Further Education – Juliana Mohammad Noor
- NUS Vice-President Higher Education – Claire Sosienski Smith
- NUS Vice-President Welfare – Eva Crossan Jory (re-elected for her 2nd year)
- NUS Vice-President Union Development – Erica Ramos