Mainstreaming Social Dimension in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA): Implementation of a National Strategy
Wednesday, 7 October 2020, 14:00 – 18:00 CEST (UTC+2), Online
This Peer Learning Activity co-funded by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research and the ERASMUS+ KA3-Project, INternationalisation/INclusion/INnovation: Towards high-quality inclusive mobility and innovative teaching & learning in an internationalised Austrian Higher Education Area – 3-IN-AT” will focus on mainstreaming the social dimension through National Strategies and strategic measures. It is designed as a follow-up to the Peer Learning Activity that took place in Linz (Austria) in March 2017, when Austria launched its “National Strategy for the Social Dimension in Higher Education”. The PLA in 2017 aimed at gathering information on the development and implementation of National Strategies in member countries of the EHEA. Now, the team wants to look into the implementation of National Strategies on the institutional level, which is why participating countries will be represented by tandems of national authorities and higher education institutions.
During the PLA these questions will be discussed:
- What is the current state of play of the implementation of Strategies for the Social Dimension in the participating countries on national level?
- What progress has been made since 2017?
- What is the current state of play of the implementation of Strategies for the Social Dimension in higher education institutions?
- What are examples of good practice of Strategies for the Social Dimension and their implementation on an institutional level?
- How can successful implementation be measured and evaluated?
- Which quantitative indicators can be used to evaluate access to higher education for underrepresented student groups and groups with specific needs?
- For example, how can representative student surveys on student success, engagement etc. be used for the evaluation?
- After the development of the Principles and Guidelines to Strengthen the Social Dimension of Higher Education in the EHEA and the focus on social inclusion within Bologna papers – what will be the next steps on European level?
In preparation of the PLA, the participants have been asked to fill in a survey on their efforts in developing national strategies and their implementation on the social dimension in order to create country and HEI profiles. These profiles will be published in a brochure of good practices after the event.