#Erasmus4All: Making Erasmus Exchange Program Accessible for Everyone
Erasmus4all: making Erasmus exchange
program accessible for everyone
Background and context
Erasmus is the most successful mobility program in the world. By the beginning of 2020, it was estimated that around 10 million students had already participated in this exchange program since it was launched in 1987. However, according to statistics, this represents only 1.7% of the European Union’s population, which means that the program is still far from reaching its full potential.
ESU is proud to take part in the Erasmus4all project, an Erasmus + project K2 – Cooperation partnerships in higher education led by the University of Porto.
Erasmus for All project will deal with this most difficult of questions: what would the ideal Erasmus grant system look like, taking into consideration inclusiveness and affordability requirements?
The overall goal of the project is to tackle the low levels of Higher Education (HE) student participation in Erasmus mobility exchange by proposing a more economically viable scholarship scheme. This will allow any HE students to spend part of their studies abroad in any of the 33 program countries and it will contribute to reducing the existing asymmetry in the EU, promoting fairness, inclusion, and equity of mobility grants between individuals and among the EU economic diversity.
The Erasmus4all Project wants to:
- Keep the topics of inclusion and equity in the policy agenda;
- Build a shared understanding among key stakeholders on the desired trajectory/evolution of the Erasmus+ grant system;
- Engage with policy and decision-makers on resource allocation strategies that address the needs of the political goal of widening participation in mobility;
- Provide relevant and in-depth input for the mid-term review of the new Erasmus+ program.
Duration of the project: November 2021 – October 2024
- Universidade Do Porto (Portugal) – Coordinator
- Université De Versailles Saint-Quentin-En-Yvelines. (France)
- Università Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza (Italy)
- Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem – University Of Pecs (Hungary)
- The Provost, Fellows, Foundation Scholars & The Other Members Of Board Of The College Of The Holy & Undivided Trinity Of Queen Elizabeth Near Dublin (Ireland)
- European University Foundation-Campus Europae (Luxembourg)
- European Students’ Union (Belgium)
Further info: firstname.lastname@example.org