Call for Project Officer
The European Students’ Union is looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Project Officer at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
About the European Students’ Union (ESU)
ESU is the umbrella organisation of 45 national unions of students from 38 countries, and through these members represents over 15 million students. The aim of ESU is to represent and promote the educational, social, economic and cultural interests of students at a European level towards all relevant bodies and in particular the European Union, Bologna Follow-Up Group, Council of Europe and UNESCO.ESU actively promotes students’ rights and equal opportunities for all individuals in higher education. More information is available on esu-online.org.
Responsibilities and areas of work
- Contribute to new project proposals preparation;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the projects under Erasmus+, Horizon2020 and other EU funding streams;
- Handle the logistics and all procedures of the projects;
- Managing and supervising the project budget and financial reporting;
- Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
- Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
- Contribute to the dissemination efforts, for example by identifying relevant practices and drafting web articles;
- Regular reporting and communication with the donor institution(s).
Profile of the candidate
A team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to some events related to the project.
- Two to three years experiences in related positions and areas;
- A degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration;
- Knowledge and experience of the funding programmes from different donors, such as EU’s Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020 or private foundations;
- Experience in event management;
- A native/ near-native command of English (spoken and written);
- Good communication skills – written and verbal;
- Good ICT skills (MS Office, MS project, Google Apps , etc.);
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines;
- Coordination and team communication skills;
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
The following knowledge and/or skills will be taken as advantage
- Knowledge of the European institutions and other target audiences related to higher education;
- Knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable, particularly French;
Terms and conditions
75% permanent contract with extension of working hours possibility
The successful applicant should start ideally by mid-September
1800 EUR gross salary + benefits
For more details of the terms of contract, including salary conditions, please contact the ESU’s Vice President Blazhe Todorovski and Head of Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a motivation letter highlighting projects’ experience. If available candidates are invited to attach any letters of recommendation, references and/or work portfolio by e-mail to email@example.com by 23:59 31th of August, 2016. We will review the applications on a rolling basis.
The application code to use for the email subject is: ESU_ProjectOfficer_2016 – Application. Only candidates using the correct email subject will be considered.
It is expected that the motivation letter would clarify why you are applying for the position, what kind of special skills and benefits you would bring to the organisation and how your past experiences and/or education would support your work as Project Officer.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by phone andor skype. Due to the high amount of applications we usually receive, we won’t be able to contact and provide feedback to non-selected applicants.