Call for participants – TMF online training seminar
|Where? Online with Zoom, no need to have an account
When? 1-2-5 October 2020 (a few hours everyday)
Who? 20 participants (18-34 years old)
What? To discover more about the Together, Moving Forward programme, to develop knowledge on how to design inclusive projects, to learn more on social inclusion and diversity etc. Programme outlines: here.
How? Fill in the online form
The Together, Moving Forward programme aims at building positive refugee-host interactions across Europe. Concretely, through TMF we encourage young people and students around Europe to take an active role in society by implementing local and effective projects which support social inclusion of young people with refugee and migrant backgrounds in higher education and in society.
Since 2017, ESU has supported more than 40 projects, at local and national levels, led by students and youth across Europe. You can find here some of the best projects we have supported.
We will soon launch an TMF call for projects with the aim to keep supporting initiatives proposing concrete solutions, to support inclusion of young refugees in education and in the European society, particularly after the Covid-19 pandemic.
Based on the experience acquired during the previous and current editions of the programme, we will organise a training event where, through interactive activities, we will work on submitting meaningful project applications and on getting ready to implement them.
The event will target first participants who would like to apply to the Programme and would like some support to do so, but also those who already applied and would like to improve their project idea and concept. We strongly encourage participants with a refugee background to apply!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the event will be online, on Zoom, but we will try to make it as interactive as possible.
The event will be organised as follow:
- Thursday 01/10: 1 session in the afternoon (2 to 3 hours)
- Friday 02/10: full day event
- Monday 05/09: Morning session (2 to 3 hours).
We are looking for 20 motivated people who plan to (re) apply for a Together, Moving Forward grant.
The event is a safe space for participants to:
- Create a network to support each other and share information and experience
- Share ideas and concerns with other people working on the same area or topic
- Reflect on key concepts useful for the application and project design: e.g. social inclusion /// integration /// assessment of needs /// community engagement /// access to education and recognition of prior learning /// project management
- Get tips for the writing of the application and budget or the implementation process
- Reflect on project management with the aim of improving the design of projects in the applications and/or to get prepared for the implementation phase
- Meet people involved in citizens’ initiatives supporting refugees and asylum-seekers in Brussels
Have a look at the programme!
How to apply
>> Fill in this online form <<
Deadline for applications is on 29 SEPTEMBER 2020, 23:59 Brussels time. We will select participants based on their motivation and keeping in mind a geographical and gender balance.
>> Fill in this online form <<
To download the call for participants: click HERE.