ANOSR Updates – Protests, campaigns and requests
- During the consultation process to elaborate the National Recovery and Resilience Plan, ANOSR submitted to the Ministry of European Investments and Projects (MIPE) and the Ministry of Education (ME) reform and investment proposals to address the problems and needs of the students and the higher education system. ANOSR is the most active voice in the Romanian university community for PNRR for investments in higher education.
- ANOSR and the Law Students’ Association sent to the People’s Advocate Institution, Mrs. Renate Weber, a memorandum on the need to notify the Constitutional Court of Romania with the exception of unconstitutionality on the Government Emergency Ordinance no. 8/2021, the normative act by which the free rail transport for students has been eliminated. ANOSR maintains its criticism regarding the GEO no. 8/2021, adopted without conducting any impact study or any analysis to justify removing this students’ right in Romania.
- ANOSR, the National School Students Council and the Youth Council of Romania criticise the Government’s proposal that stipulates young people who want to study abroad could receive financial support from the state that they will not have to return if they return to work in Romania; the proposal doesn’t come with real research of the needs of the system or an overview of the phenomenon of youth migration.
- The Romanian National Report for the 8th cycle of the EU Youth Dialogue has been published. ANOSR contributed to elaborating this document as a member of the National Working Group, conducting consultations with young people to identify their needs, problems and proposals.
- ANOSR joins the steps taken by the students of the National University of Arts and requests the abrogation of the decisions adopted by the University Senate, violating the students’ rights, according to which the artistic didactic works made by the students in the creative workshops of the National University of Arts during the undergraduate and master’s degree cycle, are considered assets owned by the university.