40th Anniversary of the European Students’ Union! Help us create a logo!
As part of the upcoming celebration of our 40th Anniversary, the European Students’ Union (ESU) is looking for talented young people interested in creating a logo for use in official communications related to this significant anniversary! It has been 40 years of fighting for student rights, representing nearly 20 million students’ interests, and empowering them at various levels! Consequently, this logo must be created by students and reflect what you associate with the 40th anniversary!
ESU is the umbrella organisation of 45 National Unions of Students (NUS) from 40 countries. The aim of ESU is to represent and promote the educational, social, economic and cultural interests of students at the European level towards all relevant bodies and in particular the European Union, Bologna Follow Up Group, Council of Europe and UNESCO.
Today, we would like to invite and encourage students to create our 40th Anniversary logo!
This is where we need you!
The question is simple: What thoughts come to mind when you consider the European Students’ Union and its 40th anniversary? Check out our website or social media for ideas, and perhaps your logo will be used as the official brand of the 40th Anniversary!
Don’t forget: our organisation is about defending students’ rights, positive projects, energy, bringing the system “unstuck” and fighting hate speech! We need a logo that embodies the spirit of this year’s celebrations! It is an anniversary that connects the past with the future, thousands of discussions, meetings, fighting for the rights of students from all over Europe, planning, and implementing strategies.
|What do you have to do, in brief?
- Be a student or a recent graduate
- You can participate as an individual or as a team.
- Creativity, inspiration and graphic design skills!
- Be respectful of ESU values
Guidelines for the logo:
- The logo should have a maximum of 3 colours and, in addition to the standard version, be available in three different versions (black, white and grey).
- Be creative: the logo should link ESU’s 40th anniversary and ESU values, but keep in mind that the majority of the audience is made up of students, so try to design a fresh, modern, and stylish logo!
- Please keep in mind that designs that promote hate speech, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, and ableism, or that go against ESU values, will be automatically disqualified and will not be submitted to the jury.
- Format: PDF, SVG or PNG, together with the original file in high-quality (preferably in .ai or .eps).
- Images with copyright are not permitted. All images must be created, enhanced, or altered by the participant (if you use elements not created by you, such as patterns, shapes, textures, typographies, etc., ensure all of them are copyright free).
- Dimensions: This file should be uploaded in high quality. Be appropriately scaled, proportionate, and colour-adaptable.
If your logo is the winning one:
- You will receive the amount of 500 euros transferred after selecting your project
- Your logo may be used and exposed during the activities, events and publications that ESU will organise to celebrate its 40th anniversary. They might be distributed around Europe during the events and also be used for online communication and promotion.
- Mentions and credits on our social media channels
The winning logo will be selected by:
- a group composed of our Presidency, Executive Committee members, Coordinators, Head of Secretariat and the Communications Team.
- Designs will be accepted: between 10/02- 28/02/2022 (23:59 CET, Brussels time)
- Selection: 29/02/2022 – 3/03/2022 – notification on 3/03/2022
General data protection
In compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”), we would like to inform you that the data you provide will be incorporated and treated in the activity log of European Students’ Union (ESU) always under the framework of this legislation.
You can exercise, at any time, your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, limitation of treatment, deletion and portability thereof, by contacting: EUROPEAN STUDENTS’ UNION (ESU), with address at Avenue des Arts 7/8, Brussels, 1210 and VAT BE0896.361.756, or if you prefer, an email to email@example.com, attaching, in any case, a copy of your ID Card.
Questions and answers:
Who will have the design property right?
- When submitting your design, you also have to fill out the following document, “Copyright consent and responsibility form” (also on the webpage). In this form, you will have to agree that you are the one and only one who created the design without violating the EU Copyright Legislation. In case of any infringement of copyright regulations, the participant assumes full legal responsibility. At the same time, you will accept ESU being the sole owner of your logo.
I don’t have Photoshop/ Illustrator. Can I apply?
- You can apply any type of design software. Still, priority will be given to those formats that preserve the quality of the graphics and allow them to be adapted to different materials and easily treated by printing services.
Does ESU have the right to not select a winner?
- The European Students’ Union is a highly professional organisation that takes all of its responsibilities seriously. The 40th anniversary is very important to us, and we have some expectations that must be met in order to ensure high-quality programming of this significant recurrence. As a result, if we believe that none of the proposed logos meets the criteria we specified, we have the right to reject all of them and not select a winner.
How the possible prize would be transferred to?
- When the winner is chosen, our organisation will contact them to complete the necessary paperwork and transfer the funds via electronic transfer.