Call for Project Manager
The European Students’ Union is looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Project Manager at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The Project Manager will be in charge of projects which ESU is involved with as a partner and as a coordinator.
About the European Students’ Union (ESU)
ESU is the umbrella organisation of 45 national unions of students from 38 countries, and through these members represents over 15 million students. The aim of ESU is to represent and promote the educational, social, economic and cultural interests of students at a European level towards all relevant bodies and in particular the European Union, Bologna Follow-Up Group, Council of Europe and UNESCO.
ESU actively promotes students’ rights and equal opportunities for all individuals in higher education. More information is available on esu-online.org.
Responsibilities and areas of work
- Contribute to new project proposals preparation;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the projects under Erasmus+, Horizon2020 and other EU funding streams;
- Handle the logistics and all procedures of the projects;
- Managing and supervising the project budget and financial reporting;
- Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
- Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
- Contribute to the dissemination efforts, for example by identifying relevant practices and drafting web articles;
- Regular reporting and communication with the donor institution(s).
Profile of the candidate
A team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to some events related to the project.
- Two to three years experiences in related positions and areas;
- A degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration;
- Knowledge and/or experience of the funding programmes from different donors, such as EU’s Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020 or private foundations;
- Experience in event management;
- An excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
- Good communication skills – written and verbal;
- Good ICT skills (MS Office, MS project, Google Drive, etc.);
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines;
- Coordination and team communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility;
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
The following knowledge and/or skills will be taken as advantage
- Knowledge of the European institutions and other target audiences related to higher education;
- Experience of working in/or with civil society, membership based organisations and general non-profit sector (volunteering included);
- Knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable, particularly French.
Terms and conditions
- Permanent full-time contract;
- 2400 EUR gross salary + benefits
For more details of the terms of contract, including salary conditions, please contact the ESU’s Vice President Blazhe Todorovski and Head of Secretariat Anna Widegren at email@example.com.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a motivation letter highlighting projects’ experience. If available candidates are invited to attach any letters of recommendation and/or references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 31st of March 2017.
The application code to use for the email subject is: ESU_ProjectManager_2017 – Application. Only candidates using the correct email subject will be considered.
It is expected that the motivation letter would clarify why you are applying for the position, what kind of special skills and benefits you would bring to the organisation and how your past experiences and/or education would support your work as Project Manager.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in person if you are based in Brussels or by phone andor skype. Due to the high amount of applications we usually receive, we won’t be able to contact and provide feedback to non-shortlisted applicants.
Recruitment Procedure and Information for applicants:
Closing date: 31 March 2017 23:59 CEST.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interview dates: 10-12 April 2017
Procedure: The procedure consists of an interview and a written exercise after the interview.
Aimed start date: End of April